Tree house

Tree house

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Home

Today I went to my parent's house to help with a few things.  It was a quick day trip and I was able to be of some help.  But as I was driving up, I thought about the idea of "home."  I wasn't going "home" this morning, I was going to my parent's house. Yet on my return trip, I couldn't wait to get "home."  Coming "home" wasn't about the bricks and mortar, it was about these guys:


Home stopped being an address a long time ago.  I love my parents so very much, but their house isn't my home anymore.  When they move, I may miss going to the town to see them, but I will be anxious to see them wherever they are.  I have a feeling it will be that way with these guys too.  Houses are great, but they're not homes.  I'm not really home until I'm with these three yahoos.  And home is a pretty great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment