Tree house

Tree house

Monday, October 28, 2013

Tending the Roots

So I missed a blog yesterday.  I would say I'm struggling with large amounts of guilt, but I was getting ready for Zane's big day today.  You see on October 28th, 2005, a full 5 weeks early, Zane Michael burst on the scene in all of his gigantic fabulousness.  Weighing in at 10 pounds 7 ounces and almost 23 inches long, he was a force to be reckoned with from day one.  We celebrated with food, family, and gifts and both of us are sad the day is already over (Gabe is not.  He's ready for his brother to do his own chores again).  

Birthdays are big deals in my book.  They were always big days for me growing up, and by celebrating the birthday, you celebrate the person. Brian doesn't get nearly as excited about these days as I do, but he humors me.  So while I may only get in 30 days of blogs this month, I can live with it.  I have a very happy 8 year old tonight who will remember a great day.   Tonight he knows without a doubt that his family on both sides values him.  I'm pretty sure that's what rooting them deep is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment