Tree house

Tree house

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Planting the Seed

Writing the very first blog post of your very first personal blog isn't as easy as it sounds.  Even for an English teacher who generally likes writing.  So I'm keeping my expectations low, and you, fabulous reader, should too.  I suppose I should also mention that  by reader I assume that will be my parents and my friend, whose great work on her fabulous blog Jules will be much better than anything I do here.

So what exactly am I doing here?  Probably, what most people do on blogs--thinking out loud, sharing the tiny bit I've learned about life so far, and connecting with other bloggers and my readers.   All three readers, that is.  And for those of you who know me, you know that I rarely do things halfway.  Thanks to this idea, Julie and I are both going to be blogging (I suppose there might be a few thousand others as well) for the 31 days of October.  As with most things in my life, I'm sure this won't be perfect.  But I'd love to have you join me in this journey as I focus on things like faith, parenting, family life, and teaching.

Life is flying by, and if I'm not careful, the day-to-day busyness can overtake me.  I want to live intentionally--purposefully--and to help build deep love, or roots if you will,  for the things that matter most within my boys.  As Jeremiah 17:7-8 says: "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose confidence is in the LORD. 8"For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought, nor cease to yield fruit."

No fear. No anxiety in times of trouble.  Never ceasing to produce good things.

Root 'em deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment