Tree house

Tree house

Friday, October 25, 2013

Fun Fact Friday: Facebook is So Yesterday

That's right--Facebook is so yesterday--if you're a teenager, that is.  According to this semi-annual report about teen buying and spending habits, only 23 percent of teens say Facebook is their most important influence on purchases.  Instead, 26 percent of teens cite Twitter as being the most important influence on their purchases.  So, for this Fun Fact Friday, Julie and I decided that we should weigh in on which of the myriad of options out there is our social media site of choice. 

My decision is pretty easy.  I don't have an Instagram account, and I rarely tweet.  On Twitter, I  follow news sources, a few friends, and a comedian or two, and I'm happy checking it once a day or once a week.  I check Facebook once a day, but am mostly annoyed.  It's a convenient way to keep up with people with whom I rarely speak, but I don't love seeing everything everyone posts.  So what is my favorite social media site?  Pinterest.  I don't know if that counts, but with Pinterest, I can control what I see; if I don't want to see what someone posts, I stop following them or just their particular board I'm not interested in.  I get inspiration from Pinterest as opposed to the other sites, and I love the visuals.  

So teens can have their Twitter, and I'll take Pinterest.  100 percent of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment